Amazon Alexa VoxCon Terms and Conditions
These Amazon Alexa VoxCon Terms and Conditions (these “Terms”) are an agreement between Amazon Seller Services Private Limited (“Amazon,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) and you. By registering for Amazon Alexa VoxCon (the “Conference”), you confirm that you have read, understand, and agree to these Terms. We may modify these Terms at any time by posting a revised version on the Conference’s registration web page or by providing other notice to you. By participating in the Conference, you agree to the latest version of these Terms.
- Registration. To register for the Conference, attendees that have received an invitation from Amazon must complete the Conference registration process set out on the Conference’s registration web page. You may request an invitation to attend on the Conference’ website, however Amazon reserves the right to invite attendees for this Conference in it’s sole discretion. Conference invitations are non-transferable and are not for sale. Attendees must be at least 21 years of age on the first day of the Conference to be eligible to attend the Conference. Conference registration may close earlier than posted deadlines, as determined in our sole discretion. Conference registration is subject to availability.
- Payment. This Conference is free to attend and no payment is required to attend this Conference.
- Cancellation a. Cancellation by You. Cancellation instructions will be listed on the Conference’s registration web page. b. Cancellation by Us. Amazon may cancel the Conference at any time and may deny, limit or cancel a registration for the Conference (including a confirmed registration) at any time, for any or no reason. Amazon is not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation, denial, or limitation. c. Survival. In the event of any cancellation by you or Amazon, except for Sections 1, 5, and 8, these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
- Conference Program. The Conference program is subject to change at our sole discretion and may include additional activities, including social or sporting events, outside of the primary venue(s).
- Code of Conduct and Security. You agree to: (a) behave in such a way as to create a safe and supportive learning environment while at the Conference and any related events, (b) not engage in disruptive speech or behavior or otherwise interfere with the Conference or other individuals’ participation in the Conference, (c) comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and (d) not engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory, or threatening speech or behavior, including relating to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or disability. If Amazon believes in its sole discretion that you are not complying or will not comply with these rules, then Amazon may deny you entry or require you to leave the Conference, including any related events and event venue(s) (unless otherwise prohibited by law). If you witness other Conference participants not complying with these rules, please promptly inform an Amazon staff member. Your safety and security are important. You understand and agree that you and your property may be subject to a reasonable search upon entry to the Conference. Your refusal to participate in these security measures may result in your denial of entry. We also reserve the right to ask you to leave the Conference if your behavior causes us concern for the safety or security of Conference participants.
- Your Information. Please note that all information, including personal information, you provide to us, including your contact details and your photograph, are subject to the Amazon.in Privacy Notice. You consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of all information you provide when registering for the Conference in accordance with the Amazon.in Privacy Notice. Your contact information will be used to send details and announcements to you related to the Conference and other related Amazon marketing communications. We may also provide your personal details to third-parties for assisting us in administration and organization of the Conference. Any photograph of your face that you choose to provide to us and information derived from it may be used to complete your registration at the Conference by determining whether the image of your face in the photograph is visually similar to an image of your face as it appears at the Conference. If we use such information for this purpose, then it will be retained for no longer than necessary for us to accomplish this purpose and to comply with any other applicable legal obligations.
- License to Use Materials. You grant us, our affiliates, and our contractors the right to record, film, photograph, and capture your voice and likeness in any media at the Conference (collectively, the “Items”). By attending the Conference, you grant to Amazon and its affiliates, agents, employees, and assigns an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royaltyfree right and license to use, reproduce, modify, and distribute, for any purpose relating to our business, all or any part of the Items and other materials submitted or presented by you (in electronic copy, hard copy, or otherwise) in connection with the Conference (collectively, the “Materials”). We may edit the Materials, use them alone or together with other information including your name and biographical information, and allow others to use and disseminate them. You waive any moral rights you may have in the Materials (unless prohibited by law).
- Assumption of Risk. You acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Conference is voluntary. You assume the risks associated with participating in the Conference to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law. If you choose to consume alcohol at the Conference, you represent that you are over the applicable legal drinking age.
- Release of Claims. You (for yourself, your heirs, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf) hereby release Amazon and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors, and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Conference, Items, or the Materials.
- Copyrights and Trademarks. The Conference and all accompanying materials are copyright protected by Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Amazon Alexa, Amazon Alexa VoxCon, Amazon, Amazon.in and the Amazon, Alexa and VoxCon logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Access of the web page and attendance of the Conference does not grant or provide you with the right or license to reproduce, remove, alter or otherwise use any of the copyrights or trademarks or registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
- Indemnification. You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Amazon and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from and against any loss, damage, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs), and any other liability related to or arising out of your participation (including attendance and conduct) at the Conference.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL (a) AMAZON BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, COST OF COVER OR FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR (b) THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF AMAZON FOR ALL OTHER DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONFERENCE EXCEED INR 5,000.
- Assignment. Neither party may assign or otherwise transfer these Terms or any of its rights and obligations under these Terms without the prior written approval of the other party; except that either party may assign or otherwise transfer these Terms without the consent of the other party (a) in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of all or substantially all of its assets, or (b) to any affiliate or as part of a corporate reorganization. Effective upon such assignment or transfer, subject to the assignee/transferee’s consent, the assignee/transferee is deemed substituted for the assignor/transferor as a party to these Terms and the assignor/transferor is fully released from all of its obligations and duties to perform under these Terms. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
- Choice of Law and Venue. The Conference is governed by the laws of India. Any disputes arising out of and in connection with this Event shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Delhi only.